Chinta Air is a boutique travel agency & air charter business, with bases across regional South Australia.
Noel Schwarz and Felicity Brown own Chinta Air. Noel is proudly West Coast, as his family have been farming in the region since 1892. Felicity has been flying since 1998, after learning to fly to compete in the 1998 Outback Air Race. The Air Race is a navigational trial for light aircraft, and is held every two years as a fundraising event for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
The business operates a number of aircraft from bases at Ceduna, Rawnsley Park Station (on the South sideof Wilpena Pound in the heart of the Flinders Ranges), and from Adelaide. During the winter months, a base operates from Nullarbor Roadhouse.
From all bases, Chinta Air provides aircraft and pilots for both scenic flights and an air taxi / air charter service. This includes:
- scenic flights
- ad hoc air charter (think of Chinta Air as being the Uber of the skies – you tell us when and where you would like to travel, and we make it happen.)
- freight transport;
- aerial photography (still and motion);
- survey flights (environmental or property);
- aerial spotting (fish, fauna, fire, and flood);
- and search & rescue operations.
Aircraft include twin engine and single engine aircraft.
Chinta Air are licenced by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority – a licence the company has held without interruption since 2003.